Monday, January 1, 2007

A Brand Spankin' New Year...

... with a brand, spankin' new blog. Yes, I know - just what the world needs. However, it struck me today that there is merit to the old wives' tale telling us that what you do on New Year's Day, you will do for the year. I have been meaning to start this blog for a while now to lend some accountability to my fibery pursuits, all the while trying to remain sane within my self-inflicted job. So, I figure, if I start the blog today, I will have it during the year! Smart, ain't I?


So, today I have been with my parents in Houston, I've flown home, I've been welcomed by my husband, and I have knit. I still have to make lye for tomorrow's soapmaking, I'm blogging, and I will spin a bit and weave a few shots before bed. So that covers family, travel, work, the blog, and the fibery pursuits.


It's gonna be a good year.

9 comments:

SteampunkDreams said...

Oh, lookit that, I get to post the first comment to a new blog in the new year... what does that make me? Probably just crazy ::wink::

Shirley said...

Yep, 'twill! *G* Sorry....

soxchik said...

Welcome to the dark side. I knew you'd succomb!

Unknown said...

Yay!!!

kaoticorchid said...

Wahoo! Awesome! (and it's about time) Welcome to the blogosphere! Since I haven't talked to you for a couple of weeks, Happy Christmas/Yule, New Year, and Birthday (though not necessarily in that order).

kaoticorchid said...

Ummm....that was me who posted last.

Rissa said...

Good to see you here! I am going to do a blogpost on Everything Balm as soon as I get around to setting up a photo! LOL

JD said...

It was great finally meeting you last night.

Marcy said...

She blogs! Hiya, Aubrey. And thanks for the link! :D